Time to Shake a Stick at Life!
On Saturday I took the plunge and bought a walking stick. Height adjustable and palm shaped grip too! Sadly power steering was out of the question, but it made an almost immediate difference to my ability to walk with confidence and I was certainly quicker than previously unaided on my own or aided by Mrs F’s helping arm, or young Master F‘s shoulder. It’s my balance it primarily helps and that in turn helps my confidence. Oh … and I can shake it at ne’er-do-wells and also prod young Master F when he’s sat on the settee playing with his PSP and maintaining selective deafness! And yes, it’s quite good at being a pretend rifle when called upon! So bearing all this in mind, and that it’s a ‘one piece’ so it‘s more suited to being kept for ‘in and around’ the house, I’ve taken delivery today of an almost identical four-piece collapsible/folding one to keep in the car! Ah, the luxury of selective ‘sticking’!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home