Rage at the Moon

Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Mention from Manchester Airport …

… sort of.

ROAR have managed a line in
airportinsider.com whose ‘About Us’ page states:

"If you:
  • are in aviation or travel and work at or near Manchester Airport
  • if your work, or the company you work for, depends on Manchester Airport for it’s livelihood;

…….. this site is for you.

It was going to be a weekly giveaway newspaper, but it didn’t work out, so it became a website. We wanted it to be a cross between an airport newspaper and Metro with a hint of pprune.org.

We’re not sure if that’s what we achieved, but more importantly is it what you want?"

It is sourced from Blackpool Today (i.e. The Gazette) and dated 26 Sep 2006 but it all helps to spread the sound of ROAR. Although it should be pointed out they expand the acronym as follows: "Residents Opposed to Airport Regime". Is "Resident Objections to the Airport Regime" that difficult to get right? Or maybe it doesn't look/sound as crusading?

5 Comments:

  • Hi Pablo,

    That is interesting, I wonder who provided them with the quote.

    We're actually intending to change the name of the group. Resident Objections to the Airport Regime isn't really appropriate if our aim is to achieve public awareness and consultation rather than outright protest. ROAR will be kept, we're just changing what it stands for.

    We'll be selecting one at the next meeting. I've suggested 'Reaching Out to Affected Residents'. Have any ideas?

    We've got a web forum up now btw. I'm sure your voice would be appreciated if you'd like to join.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 pm  

  • Hi Matt

    Well ... I've done the deed and joined!

    As regards the name change I'm having a think and will get back to you if anything comes to mind.

    Pablo

    By Blogger Pablo Fanque, at 12:05 am  

  • Matt

    I've had a think and posted a suggestion on the m/b.

    Good to see things slowly coming together.

    Pablo

    By Blogger Pablo Fanque, at 11:54 pm  

  • Pablo,

    I've added your blog to our links section.

    Matt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:29 pm  

  • Matt

    Cheers for the blog nod. :-)

    Pablo

    By Blogger Pablo Fanque, at 10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home