Rage at the Moon

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Lamp Post and the Water Tap (X)

Well, there’s absolutely nothing to report. No progress.

I presume the council don’t think there is a personal safety issue for the residents because of a lack of street lighting. Likewise I presume that United Utilities think that the hard-core in the pavement hole needs time to settle for a few months before finally filling it and finishing it with tar!

2 Comments:

  • On the other end of the absurd spectrum, I heard on BBC Breakfast this morning that there is a council somewhere in the country creating exclusion zones around pear trees (or was it horse chestnuts.. I can't remember it's such a dreadful news programme) because of the danger from falling fruit. However, you can never tell if such stories are true. From personal experience of course, yours is and I'd say it's a slightly more dangerous situation than being bonked on the head by a pear.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 am  

  • You're correct on both tree counts Tim. At the end of last week it was pear trees that were taped off and today (in the Mail) there was a picture of workmen picking horse chestnuts from trees.

    Before I next leave the house I'm thinking of carrying out a risk assessment on the possibility of the sky falling in thereby ruining my day!

    By Blogger Pablo Fanque, at 4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home