A Road Test for the Sporty One
Having taken delivery of a collapsible four piece stick I used it for the first time on Wednesday to get from my car, in the work’s car park, to my desk and back again later that day.
In the morning the weather conditions were dry and it felt very satisfying as it moved effortlessly across the ground taking corners in it’s stride and impressing me with it’s manoeuvrability. It coped easily with an incline (well … three concrete steps actually) and the overall handling was very comfortable with good grip and competent balance.
The afternoon saw a downpour when I was wending my way back but the all-weather ferrule made light work of the conditions and ensured I could traverse the terrain with impunity. The raindrops just sat there on the metallic black finish waiting to be wiped off so the paintwork isn’t a problem and the special four piece chassis showed no signs of flexing until prompted to do so, and then it was a ten second job to collapse this impressive little number. I didn’t pay any attention to instrumentation or knobs and switches as, to be honest, I was enjoying the experience that much.
As regards it’s straight line speed … well … it goes as fast as you can make it!
In the morning the weather conditions were dry and it felt very satisfying as it moved effortlessly across the ground taking corners in it’s stride and impressing me with it’s manoeuvrability. It coped easily with an incline (well … three concrete steps actually) and the overall handling was very comfortable with good grip and competent balance.
The afternoon saw a downpour when I was wending my way back but the all-weather ferrule made light work of the conditions and ensured I could traverse the terrain with impunity. The raindrops just sat there on the metallic black finish waiting to be wiped off so the paintwork isn’t a problem and the special four piece chassis showed no signs of flexing until prompted to do so, and then it was a ten second job to collapse this impressive little number. I didn’t pay any attention to instrumentation or knobs and switches as, to be honest, I was enjoying the experience that much.
As regards it’s straight line speed … well … it goes as fast as you can make it!


2 Comments:
Will you be washing and waxing it outside the house at the weekend?
By
Anonymous, at 3:01 pm
Why of course I will Tim ... and if I get the chance I'll wash the stick as well! :-)
As before ... you pitch 'em and I'll knock them out the park!
By
Pablo Fanque, at 12:30 am
Post a Comment
<< Home