Rage at the Moon

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Look and Learn returns!

I was very pleasantly surprised to read in today's paper of the imminent return (via reprint) of Look and Learn magazine. I bought it from its very first issue and continued to do so throughout its heyday until the mid-sixties when the Beatles, Lambretta scooters and Edinburgh Monarchs Speedway took over my thoughts. The happy childhood memories trickled back at the mention of its name, and then when I found the official website they came gushing in as I viewed the artwork. Stupendous stuff and I actually remembered some of the illustrations. Fantastic! Young Master F is now of the same age and has a similar enquiring mind as myself when it was first published so all being well I will be subscribing to this reprint venture (on his behalf of course!).

2 Comments:

  • Blimey! Brings back memories. Do you remember ranger, though - that was from the Land L stable, I think, and aimed at boys.

    By Blogger Rob, at 1:28 pm  

  • Just remember Ranger. According to L&L history page the stable merged the two titles after Ranger's 40th issue.

    By Blogger Pablo Fanque, at 11:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home