A Cutting Remark
Now a good few years ago Gillette brought out a twin bladed razor with the idea being that as the hair was cut by the first blade its remaining length then popped up immediately after the blade passed and swoosh … off with its head. This seemed at the time a good idea, and it still is.
Some years passed and Gillette decided to add another blade thus implying that a man would get a very close shave because those pesky beard hairs would keep popping up and each time a further micro millimetre would be cut off. Not quite as plausible perhaps but I was prepared to listen to the hype.
Latterly they brought out a four blade razor (the Quattro or some such) and I thought What? Why?
Now they’re advertising a FIVE BLADE razor! They’ve given up on naming them after the number of blades (why? because it was beginning to look and sound ridiculous?) and have called this one Fusion. Correct me if I’m wrong but can those damn hairs be fooled four times after the first cut? Can there be anything left of said hairs to rise back up to the surface after the first two or three blades have scraped across the surface of the skin? Of course the price of these Fusions will be astronomical though the corporates in the metal industry must be rubbing their hands with glee. If I remember correctly Gillette own the electric shaver company Braun so why are they bothering? I’ll stick to my GII when I want a wet shave thanks, and don’t get me going on the stupid wee strip of sticky soap they put in some blades to make ‘the experience’ smoother! Nonsense. It only gunks up the blades.
Some years passed and Gillette decided to add another blade thus implying that a man would get a very close shave because those pesky beard hairs would keep popping up and each time a further micro millimetre would be cut off. Not quite as plausible perhaps but I was prepared to listen to the hype.
Latterly they brought out a four blade razor (the Quattro or some such) and I thought What? Why?
Now they’re advertising a FIVE BLADE razor! They’ve given up on naming them after the number of blades (why? because it was beginning to look and sound ridiculous?) and have called this one Fusion. Correct me if I’m wrong but can those damn hairs be fooled four times after the first cut? Can there be anything left of said hairs to rise back up to the surface after the first two or three blades have scraped across the surface of the skin? Of course the price of these Fusions will be astronomical though the corporates in the metal industry must be rubbing their hands with glee. If I remember correctly Gillette own the electric shaver company Braun so why are they bothering? I’ll stick to my GII when I want a wet shave thanks, and don’t get me going on the stupid wee strip of sticky soap they put in some blades to make ‘the experience’ smoother! Nonsense. It only gunks up the blades.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home