Rage at the Moon

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bye, Bye The North West Enquirer

Or as the editor and publisher no doubt were praying "Buy, buy The North West Enquirer!". Sadly it's gone to meet the big recycling bin as a result of insufficent punters purchasing the weekly.

An interesting read but perhaps not of these times.

3 Comments:

  • It's a shame local newspapers disappear. I used to thoroughly enjoy our local weekly paper but it died a death quite some time ago. I don't even buy a national newspaper now and those freebies in London aren't much good either.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 pm  

  • I agree with you there Tim. The locals do tend to be a bit naff (lost cats and chip pan fires, etc) but are ultimately a source of local information and history which the nationals cannot provide. I suppose they are also a first point stepping stone for many a journalist as well.

    By Blogger Pablo Fanque, at 1:12 am  

  • I was thinking the same thing only last night. They were a stepping stone for those starting out in journalism in the days when reporting the facts was important. I suppose nowadays they have to start on corporate magazines and the like. News reporting ain't what it used to be.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home